When was the last time you cried out to God? I don’t mean just because a day is going bad or to say thank you for something you’ve received but a cry to know Him above all others in life. Our days are filled with demanding schedules that try to steal away our joy in life. True joy can only come through a relationship with Jesus. In fact Jesus spoke this truth to his disciples in John 15:11 “These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.” (ESV) He wants us to abide in Him, and His love for in spending time with Him the joy He desires for us to have will overwhelm and flood our souls because of His presence at work in our lives. It is through time spent with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords when no one else is looking that he does the extraordinary in us.
So let me ask again, when was the last time you cried out to God? Have you cried out to know Him above all else? Are other things taking your attention away from Him? If you have never taken time to cry out to your Father in heaven now is a great time to start.
Here are some suggestions…
1. Shut off all your devices and get some place quite to pray uninterrupted.
2. Put on some headphones with a mix of your favorite worship songs and make a joyful noise.
3. Meditate on and memorize promises from God’s Word.
4. Write a story, poem, song, or something else that God is doing in your life right now.
5. Remember it is all about relationship so don’t get caught up in the details just make sure to pursue Jesus above all else. There is no one else who compares to Him!